Organization: Network of Arab Arthouse Screens (NAAS)
Job Title: Programs & Communications Coordinator
About the Organization:
NAAS (Network of Arab Arthouse Screens) is a network of independent arthouse cinemas and cultural organizations united by the common goal of developing cinema culture across Arab countries. The Network’s collective vision is to foster alternative cinema in the region by expanding public access to the best of local, regional and world cinema amongst its large combined audience.
The Programs & Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to design and execute regional film programs, and develop communication strategies among the network and with its key external constituencies.
- Working closely with the Executive Director to develop a relevant, balanced and innovative annual regional film program
- Researching opportunities for potential film programs and maintaining a database of potential partners
- Managing all the organizational aspects of the film programs (communication with distributors and network members, preparing and disseminating promotional materials, shipping and following up with venues to ensure successful screenings)
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with key partners and ensuring satisfactory program delivery and reporting
- Managing and maintaining all internal and external organizational communication platforms (website, newsletter, social media)
- Production of relevant, dynamic and timely online content
- Ongoing communication with network members and other relevant organizations in the region
- Initiating and maintaining relations with media contacts
- Writing and disseminating press releases
Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]
- Relevant experience in the areas of art, film or cultural management. Experience in film exhibition, and distribution is preferred.
- Interest in developing alternative film exhibition platforms
- Ability to work with a diverse set of arthouse cinemas, cine clubs and multidisciplinary art spaces around the region
- Ability to work with multiple individuals and manage several projects at the same time
- Ability to write newsletters, press releases and web entries
- Experience with generating content on social media platforms
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is highly preferred.